Friday, July 8, 2011

Did you miss me?

Okay, I realize that long periods of absence tends to be my norm, and here is my excuse this time,in the past few weeks we have packed everything in our house, loaded it up and moved. We are excited to be in our "new" house and there are a lot of things we love and so many projects for us to tackle, but there are oh so many projects for us to tackle!!!! Here are a few last pictures at the old house and our first home improvement projects.Bray wanted to make sure we did not forget his bed.


Come on brother give me a kiss


I have a picture in front of this door with both of the boys when we brought them home from the hospital.


If you know my son you will not be surprised that he wanted to take a picture with both of us making a Mario face. He instructed me on the proper way to make such a face, so please excuse the unflattering picture, but it is so classically Mason.

Now for home improvement. After we got our dryer set up I started our first load of much needed laundry. After the dryer ran I came back to a load of wet clothes and a smell that I can not properly explain. Off to Lowes I went and came back with this neat little tool to clean out the vent, take a look...

Want a closer look? Seriously, this was not all but just the first bit, I probably got this much twice more...can we say yuck! (On a side note do you love the floor?)

Speaking of flooring, look at how wonderfully clean the previous owners kept the floor.

While we are planning on replacing the flooring I could not stand to live with it like this, even if only for a little while! I got out my trusty toothbrush and grout cleaner and here are the results.


6 comments:

Joni McDoniel said...

Okay, so you finally post and you show us the dirty floor and clogged vent? Just kidding. :) So glad the move went well! Love to see the whole house sometime!

Melanie said...

Ok, that is gross. Now I am so glad I live so far away and hopefully you will be done with gross stuff by the time I get there. Then we can hang pitcures. Yeah, nice, clean pictures. :)

Karis said...

I'm with Joni! BUT, I will excuse your lack of contact because of the pictures :)Joni, what's your excuse??

Amber Rader said...

Can you come clean my house?

Angela said...

just don't tell Michael that Brayden decided to use his toothbrush on the floor, too... oops.

Bunch of Oranges said...

ok the front door pics made me sad that you have one of both boys... time for new memories! P.S. I think your mario face is hot! LOL