Wednesday, March 5, 2008

When this baby stops crying I will get dressed...

or maybe I will spend a few minutes blogging. It is 2:30 and for the first time today it is completely quite in my house. My accomplishments today consist of calming a crying baby, feeding a crying baby, changing a babies diaper (which makes him cry), feeding a two year old, changing a two year old diaper, watching a two year old play outside, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 4 times, putting a two year old down for a nap and putting down a baby hoping he will stay asleep. I did manage to eat part of a sandwich and get part way dressed, although I would be embarrassed if anybody saw me right now. I know that someday my dishwasher will get unloaded and my laundry will get folded I am just not sure that today is that day. At times like this when it seems that nothing gets done besides my kids this poem always comes to my mind:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow. For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs! Dust, go to sleep! I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!

I now shed a hormonal tear and thank God for my two little blessings.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing your hormonal tears...now David thinks I am nuts for crying while making cookies because I "miss my sister and nephews." Maybe I can help you out some when I come this weekend, try to hold on until then. :)

Cara said...

It get better Christa, I promise! Please let me know if I can help with anything!

Laurie said...

Brayden is as precious as can be. It gave me joy to get to sit next to y'all last night at church and look at him! Glad we finally got to meet in person...

Noe Family said...

Ok, that made me cry!! Hey, at least your dishes and clothes are clean!!! My baby is 4 months old and the dishes are piled as high as they can get and I have two clean pair of underwear left!! Time to do laundry I believe:-) You're doing good Momma!!

Bunch of Oranges said...

I promise it gets SOMEWHAT easier....but keep that poem posted in BOLD on your fridge!!! Ha! :) You made me laugh b/c another friend has joined that world of 2 kiddos... but you have a great attitude! You go Mama!

Emily said...

Hey Krista...I found your blog through Lisa B. I was laughing reading your post feeling like I do the exact same thing everyday. I try to remember the phrase, "The days go by slow but the years go by fast."
I suppose one of these days we'll want them to need to us again!

Your boys are adorable by the way.

Karis said...

You're such a whiner...